Sunday, August 11, 2013

Attack of the Evil Rubber


One of my favourite Pixar Lightning McQueen car - DAMAGED in MISB. I brought this in 2008. So it was 5 years in my house. I had it stored in away from sunlight, in a cooler part and mostly dim lighted room. I thought it was safe. One day, as I was cleaning my hotwheels and diecast cars. I spotted one of my Corgi Batman diecast car had rubber tied over the doors, melted and EATS into the paint of the car. Only then I realised the DANGER of Rubber! Some of the Tomica also have the same problem. My hotwheels cars were all ok as I didn't keep them MISB. Then it reminds me, my Pixar cars are in MISB, so I took all the cars out to inspect. One of the gift set had rubber but the damaged was cut to the minimum. The rubber was tied to the tires. So that was no problem. But this particular set - The World of Cars :  Pit Row Race Off Lightning McQueen was in a bad state after the attack of the evil rubber!!! If any of you happened to have this in MISB or any other diecast cars with rubber, better to check if the rubber is already melting and eating into the car's paintwork. Save it before it's too late.




2 comments:

desmond said...

yes bro..we have to take the toys out of the box for display..otherwise..not worth our purchase...

Astro Galaxy said...

Yes,desmond! I too would usually opened up toys when I have display space, if not, it's still MISB so I can stack them up more easily. I usually don't care about MISB. It's always more fun with the actual thing than the box!