Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Joe Ledbetter at STGCC 2009



I visited the "Singapore Toys, Games & Comics Convention 2009" on the 14 and 15 August 2009.
This was one of the convention events I was looking forward to.
Finally got to meet with this artiste on 15 August 2009.
I started to notice this artiste when I was collecting Trexi.
Like his artwork very much...the characters he created are unique too.

Mr Joe Ledbetter signing on my book.
I requested for a sketch of his "Unicorn" character.
It was one of my favourite.
He was very polite, soft-spoken and drew me an "Unicorn"!





Creatures of Habit - Joe LedBetter
ISBN - 978-0-86719-718-1
Type : Hardcover


This book is full colour with Joe Ledbetter's works from 2004 - 2008.
Paper quality of this book is also very good and well printed.
I also enjoyed reading the introduction by Joe Ledbetter himself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's very awesome! Cool character drawings and style!

Astro Galaxy said...

Cheers to you Charles!

Anonymous said...

Btw, I think I should try to emulate that kind of style in drawing with a bit of manga flair.

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi Charles,
He does have a lot of different characters developed and yes I do agree with you too!
I am always looking forward to his new art works too.
Take care!

(Best Show)Watch said...

Two things

1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The Clone Wars for our website

2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]

The Clone Wars is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Astro Galaxy said...

greetings (Best Show) Watch,
Thanks for dropping by and here's the answers to your questions :
1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The Clone Wars for our website

A1 ) Sure, you can use my Clone wars post as long as it is linked back/credits to my blog.


2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

A2) yes, I could try...

By the way, your site concept is new to me and the layout is very nice too! COOL!
All the best