Thursday, April 22, 2010

My 1st Lomo Cam



I remember the first time I saw these types of cameras was in the Kinokuniya bookstore located in Takashimaya some years back.
But did not have the thoughts of getting any... until last week when I visited the Page One store.
The above photo was taken outside Page One store at Vivo City yesterday.
They have these cameras on display and some books relating to lomography.
One thing that sparkle my interest in lomography is also their "10 golden rules of lomography".
Which I feel, will make photography fun in a way.
I'm not sure how my photos will turn out now and only taken about 10 shots since yesterday.
I've loaded the camera with an expired Fuji Provia 35mm film, let's just hope the photo will turn out well...


My 1st lomo camera
Model : SuperSampler
Colour : Pearl
Film : 35mm
Battery : Not Required
Flash : NIL (Camera only suitable for use in bright sunlight outdoors)
Technical Data : 4 x 24mm lenses
Exposure : 1/100


Items included in the package box :
Supersampler Camera
Supersampler Box
1 roll of 35mm color film
Supersampler photo book (which is very interesting)
Instruction booklet





10 Golden Rules of Lomography
1) Take your Lomo everywhere you go
2) Use it any time - day & night
3) Lomography is not an interference in your life but a part of it
4) Get as close as possible to the objects of your lomographic desire
5) Don't Think (William Firebrace)
6) Be fast
7) You don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film
8) Nor afterwards
9) Try the shot from the hip
10) Don't care about the rules


Lomography camera shop :
ThirtySix
91, Bencoolen St, #01-32, Sunshine Plaza, Singapore 189652
Tel : 6337 6916
Operating : Mon - Sat, 12pm - 8pm

This is a cool camera shop. Highly recommended!
Shop is well stock up with wide variety of cameras, lens, cam bags, books...etc.
I've got my eyes set on 3 different cameras.
The SuperSampler, Diana and Black bird.
I was at first very confused over the different variety of cameras.
The friendly and informative owner was there to help out and patiently answered all my queries.
Now that I've figure out most of the camera and their effects.
I decided to get the SuperSampler that takes 4 panorama shots on one photo!


I like the deco of this shop!












16 comments:

desmond said...

Is this a traditional camera with no batteries needed? BTW, the photos that you posted here are very sharp and the colour is great as well. What camera are you using now?

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi Desmond,
Yes, this is like those traditional camera and all in manual operation. No batteries needed at all. One interesting part I find about this camera is the advancing of film. It actually using a pull cord type, not sure what it is called... Everytime, after 1 photo shoot, I got to manually pull the string cord to advance the film before taking another photo.
As for all the photos shown in this post, I'm using my handphone camera, Samsung Omnia.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back!!! I always wanted to own a lomo cam. I'll check it out if it's available here. Awesome post!

Astro Galaxy said...

Yes Charles, it's been quite some time since I've last posted. Kinda tired somehow... Anyway, it's great to hear from you and hope you'll get the lomo you like!

desmond said...

Yes bro, I know how a traditional camera works as my father used to own one Konica camera before. Your Samsung handphone camera captures the images very well. It just works like a digital camera nowadays :)

Astro Galaxy said...

Thanks Desmond!

Peter Camp said...

Hello Sir/Madam,

I visited your website when I am searching for web. The information is very much standard and presentation of pages is very legible. My site is also about weightloss camps, weightloss retreat, boot camp vacation, weight loss bootcamp.

If you give my links on your site it will be useful for both of us. Your site contains much other information that gives more knowledge and many more ideas about the topics you have given in your site.

The Information present in your site is very informative and it gives a wide knowledge about many things. I was very much impressed with your site. Its guide me more.

Our Site Information:

Title: Boot camp workout, Weightloss Retreat

URL: http://www.camptechnique.com/

My Email Id: peter.camptechnique@gmail.com

If you have any questions please feel free to email me and I will respond promptly.

Let me know once you added my link.

--
Thanks,
Peter camp

Astro Galaxy said...

peter camp,
the link is up!

Anonymous said...

I searched high and low here but I havent found a store selling a lomo cam. I guess online search is the next stage

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi charles,
oh... actually the online official lomography website is also a good way to find lomo cameras. As compare to some of the shops here, the online prices are slightly cheaper too.

mic said...

cool. ii bought a Diana Mini from Objectifs afew weeks ago. :) ii really enjoy ans love what th camera can give me. amazing.

Weight Loss Programs said...

Hi Astrogalaxy,

I have added your links. so check it http://www.camptechnique.com/miscellaneous-links.php

Regards,
Peter Camp

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi mic,
Congrats on your purchase for the Diana Mini. It's a great camera. I love the look of the flashlight. Very Cool!

Astro Galaxy said...

Thank you Peter!
All the Best!

Anonymous said...

do you sell digital lomo with usb cable?

Astro Galaxy said...

I do not sell any camera, you can check out the shop I brought my lomo camera from. They have an online store http://www.8storeytree.com/store/