Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mr Yoshito Usui 臼井儀人

Updated Post on 24 September 2009, 26 September 2009


Yoshito Usui
Born : 21 April 1958
Died : 11 September 2009 (At age 51)
Author for Crayon Shin-Chan 蜡笔小新

I didn't expect to do a "Gone Too Soon" post so soon again.
This afternoon, my mom told me that a manga author passed away few days ago and it was the author of Crayon Shin-Chan.
I was shocked and sad.
As reported, Mr Usui went for hiking and photography in Gunma Prefecture on the 11 September 2009 morning. His wife reported him missing when he did not return. On the 19th September 2009, a climber found a body at the bottom of cliff at Mount Arafune, Gunma. It was confirmed and identified to be Mr Yoshito Usui. His camera last photo was a picture of the bottom of the cliff. It was believe that he accidentally fell while taking photos of the cliffs.

His works in Crayon is one of my favourites.
The first time I heard about "Crayon" comics was when I was working in a bookstore in 1995.
One customer came into the shop and asked for Crayon's comics books. My boss then told me that this comics is very funny and the main star is a little boy who always gets in some sort of mischevious acts. From then, I started reading book 1 and then the next book, then the next again...
There's also the TV anime on Crayon which I enjoy very much though I've never finished watching them yet.
He was a great artist who did bring many warmth and laughter through his manga.
May he rest in peace.

Post Additions on 24 September 2009

Youtube Video Credits : liquidus2172

Post Additions on 25 September 2009
Crayon Shin Chan 蜡笔小新 - Allowance (English)
The first time I watch Crayon shin Chan in English. It's quite funny too!

Youtube Video Credits :smistry93

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw it once or twice on a morning TV before and I liked it. Too bad they changed the program.

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi Charles,
I heard some countries banned "Crayon Shin Chan" but mot sure which...
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Really? I didnt know about that. Well Norway is such a liberal country so we're lucky to see films or series that are somewhat banned in other countries

Astro Galaxy said...

Yes! Cool country!
I like Norway very much too.
Cheers to Norway!

sewing said...

Realy Norway is very greenary and beautiful...

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi sewing,
Thanks for visiting!