Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ralph McQuarrie (Concept Artist)

Updated Post on 4 March 2012

Mr Ralph is in today !!!
He sent me a concept chewbacca A4 size picture with his hand-signed initals at the bottom of the picture.















Ralph McQuarrie
13th June 1929

He is the conceptual artist for Star Wars (original trilogy), ET, Cocoon, Back to the Future & batteries not included... to name a few.
Also provided illustrations to several Isaac Asimov books.
Ralph McQuarrie also did an uncredited role in Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) as General McQuarrie

Post Additions on 4th March 2012:
I've just heard the sad news of Mr Ralph McQuarrie passing on the 3rd March 2012.
He died aged 82 in his home.
R.I.P. Mr Ralph McQuarrie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro that is awesome....what did you do to get a signed copy? I would love to get him to sign some things for me.

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi, this is the address I sent to :

Mr Ralph
993 Spruce St.
Berkeley, CA 94707

But it is not gurantee that you will get his autograph. I was also just trying my luck and sometimes they changed address too !! All the best !