Wednesday, February 06, 2008

David Prowse (Darth Vader)



















David Prowse (Darth Vader)
Born : 1 July 1935
Height : 6'65" (199cm) tall

He is a bodybuilder, weightlifter and actor, famous for his role as the physical form of Darth Vader in the Star Wars original trilogy.
Darth Vader voice was by James Earl Jones.
He represented England in the weightlifting event at the 1962 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Perth, Western Australia.
David helped trained Christopher Reeve for the role of Superman in the 1978 film.
In United Kingdom, David Prowse is the Green Cross Code Man, a superhero for promoting British road safety campaign for children.
Prowse also played Frankenstein's monster in "The Horror of Frankenstein" & "Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell."
Prowse is married with three children.









I brought this Autograph together with Mark Hamill's autograph.
Darth Vader is one of my top favourite in Star Wars movies.
Since very very young... 5 year old???
Maybe, can't say for exact now.
One funny thing is that when I was watching Star Wars (5 years old??),
I thought that Darth Vader was the hero of the movie.
I didn't know he was a Big baddie!
With all the shootings, vehicles fighting, i didn't quite figured out what was what and who was who.
But you really can't blame a kid so small, right. Hee hee...
One thing I missed is the Darth Vader ice-cream that were selling at that time.
Dark Purple coloured ice cream with milk cream inside... Slurp Slurp! Very nice.
This is not available now. Not sure about other countries but there sure isn't any in Singapore.
Darth Vader is also the figuring character that kick started my Star Wars collections.
Oh dear... I'm lured to the DARK Side. Haaaaaaa.......

Who's side ARE YOU on ?
Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker ?

10 comments:

Utah Mommy said...

Thank you so much for leaving some sweet comments on my sites about my son. i truly appreciate your presence please do come back again you are most welcome to come by again and again. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. thanks for stopping by to visit mine too.
Chris

Unknown said...

Oh gosh. I don't do Star Wars, but wanted to stop by and thank you for the visit. Nice to see new faces! Have a gr8 day!

Anonymous said...

Since from Norway and liking snow and ice, I guess I'm a Darth Vader :-)

Btw: Thanks for your visit and comments - glad you like snow too!

heavenabove said...

Thanks for wishing me a Happy Chinese New Year and good health. This was very touching to me since I'm currently undergoing a major change in lifestyle due to a chronic autoimmune disease. I'm even looking into Chinese herbal medicine. Thanks a bunch!

And great info on the Star Wars characters/actors. Also, I forgot to congratulate you earlier on your new pet bird.

Kat Mortensen said...

What a coincidence you should be featuring Darth Vader when just this morning I was saying to my husband that last night his snoring reminded me of him!
Thanks for your good wishes for Chinese New Year, Astrogalaxy. May this year be everything you hope it will be.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you're really in love with Star Wars aren't you? Well, I'm more of a Star Trek fan but the Star Wars universe is pretty cool too :D

Astro Galaxy said...

heavenabove,

I just google a search on chronic autoimmune disease. I hope all is well with you. Chinese herbal medicine might be a good choice.
Take care!

Astro Galaxy said...

Hello Kat,

LOL...What's your husband reaction when you told him?

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi Spaceman

I used to watch Star Trek a lot when I was a kid.
Thanks for dropping in!
Cheers!!!