Monday, May 31, 2010

Toy Story Collectibles



2 weeks ago if my memory serves me right, it's on 17 May 2010.
I brought 2 DVD. Toy Story 1 and 2, which includes the making of Toy Story and interiews.
So I spent the entire afternoon watching it and I am amazed over it's characters, story and graphics.
On the dvd box it reads "Toy Story 1 - 1oth anniversary edition"... oh wow, did I really missed watching this that long?
Answer is "Yes", even longer as I found out at wikipedia it's was released in 1995!
For years, I've always thought I did watch Toy Story 1 but only to realised now that I've mixed it up with Small Soldiers. How silly of me! Heehee... I really blur!
My friend asked me why I like toys so much but didn't watch toy story.
I don't know why either??
Anyway, here's a new Toy Story fan who's 15 years late.

Toy Story 1
Director : John Lasseter
Producers : Ralph Guggenheim & Bonnie Arnold
Voice :
Tom Hanks (Woody)
Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
Don Rickles (Mr Potato Head)
Wallace Shawn (Rex)
Music : Randy Newman
Released : 1995
Runtime : 81 minutes

Toy Story 2
Director : John Lasseter
Co-Directors : Lee Unkrich & Ash Brannon
Producers : Karen Robert Jackson & Helene Plotkin
Voice :
Tom Hanks (Woody)
Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
Don Rickles (Mr Potato Head)
Estelle Harris (Mrs Potato Head)
Wallace Shawn (Rex)
Joan Cusack (Jessie)
Andrew Stanton (Zurg)
Music : Randy Newman
Released : 1999
Runtime : 92 minutes

Toy Story 3
Expected released date : 18 June 2010

Toy Story Collectibles :
Mr Potato Head - Classic
Theme : Toy Story 3
Make : Playskool / Hasbro
Year : 2009


Mrs Potato Head - Classic
Theme : Toy Story 3
Make : Playskool / Hasbro
Year : 2009
I just love the Toy Story 2 movie quote by Mrs Potato shouting out of Andy's room.
"DON'T TALK TO ANY TOYS YOU DON'T KNOW!"


Spud Lightyear
Theme : Toy Story 3
Make : Playskool / Hasbro
Year : 2009


Toy Story Alien
Make : Disney
This is very small, only about 4 cm in height.
I brought this at one of the stalls on a Sunday market years ago.
So it actually makes this the first Toy story collectible I have!


Buzz Lightyear Popcorn carry tub
Make : Hong Kong Disneyland
Got this in 2009 when I visited the Hong Kong disneyland.
The tub was stuff with a lot of popcorns that I couldn't finish it on that day. LOL!


Space Wings Buzz Lightyear
Theme : Toy Story
Make : Mattel
Year : 2008






Space wings closed.
This is a good figure, looks nice on dislay.
The only problem is the closing of the left side wing is a little difficult intially.
But after a many tries...about 20 minutes of practice with my clusmy hands, I found out how to close the wings! LOL!








Rex & Woody
Theme : Toy Story 3
Make : Mattel
Year : 2009






My favourite Rex photo. Cute?






Woody is very well made by Mattel.
Great facial expression and good painting works for this figure.


7 comments:

desmond said...

Woody is my favourite character..

Astro Galaxy said...

Same here Desmond and I like how Tom Hanks voice made this character so alive.

LEon said...

I think Rex should be taller than woody. Bro if you are really into TOy Story, Pixel is in town at science centre. Go there to catch the movie in 3D! :)

Astro Galaxy said...

Hi LEon,
Oh, I always thought Rex was slighty shorter than Woody. I'll go watch the movie again to see if I can find out.
I did search for some info about the Pixel exhibition at Science Centre last month but didn't visit it.

Lawrence said...

Hi,

Great post, I like this post.
I 've added your blog to My Blog Roll at http://abobora-oca.blogspot.com/
So would you put my blog too, on you...

Hope you would add my blog.
Thanks a lot.Keep blogging....

Anonymous said...

Cute toys Astro! I like those Mr. Potato head series. Cool!

Astro Galaxy said...

Heehee Charles! Thanks!